Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+C to copy
I will be turning 30 on April 20th and I decided that this year I would like to do something special to celebrate. I've come up with something that I think will be a lot of fun. It's called 30 Deeds for 30 Days.
The idea behind 30/30 is that for every day in April you do one small thing (or big thing) to make a difference in your world. A couple of ideas for things that you could do are:
- Donate some time to a local charity.
- Help an elderly neighbor with some yardwork.
- If you go out to eat and your waitress is good, make a point to mention to the manager how good her service was (and leave a good tip).
- Pick up a couple of extra things at the grocery store and drop them off at a food shelf.
- Give a genuine compliment to someone you don't really get along with.
- Drop a couple of coins in a meter that's about to expire.
The point of this is no good deed is too small. 30 small deeds can add up to a lot of positive change in your world. The more people that we can get involved with this, the better. There are three things that you can do to get involved.
- Post the 30 Deeds for 30 Days banner on your own blog. The more people that see and click it, the bigger the change that we can make!
- Post about what you've done in your blog. It's a good way to give people ideas of what they can do. Don't worry if you're not an every day type of blogger. Just talk about what you've done when you do blog. Remember, this is for fun!
- Every day I'll post about what I've done. Leave a comment letting other people know what your deed was. This is another good way to give people ideas for what deed to do. It's also a good way to get a little traffic at you're site (if you're into that kind of thing).
Have fun with this! No deed is too big or two small. Every deed that you do will help to make a difference in your world. No go out there and spread the word and do some good!