Monday, September 26, 2005

Update!

The doctors appointment went well. I asked her to please, please, please induce me a week early and much to my suprise she agreed. I have to go in for a regular check-up next Tuesday and that's the earliest that she can put me on the list for inducement on the 11th of October. The only bad thing about being scheduled for an inducement is that if there is an emergency I will get bumped to make room. Oh well, who cares? The end is in sight! I am a happy girl today.

In other news, I have another update on what I know everyone has been waiting to hear about: my cervix. Big changes this week. The doctor said I am dialted about 1 cm and that my cervix is (in her highly medical sounding terms) "squishy" and getting softer. Looks like those contractions I've been having have actually been doing some good and not just keeping me up at night. I know it's only one teeny little cm but I prefer to think of it as 1/10th of the way there.

I was able to take a nap today too so things really are looking good. An inducement date set, a squishy cervix and a nap. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: