Monday, April 23, 2007

30 Deeds for 30 Days - Day 22

My deed for this day was another one that just kind of fell into my lap. On our way back home from our hotel Jesse and I stopped in at the Old Navy Outlet store. While we were there I helped a woman in a wheelchair to reach several things that she was trying to get that were laying out on a table.

I had seen her stuggling out of the corner of my eye. I had also seen several other people stand right by her and not offer to help. I think sometimes people don't offer to help someone because they don't want to offend them. I admit that I hesitated at first too because I didn't want this woman to think I was saying "Here, I know you can't do it. Let me and my capable body take care of it for you." She seemed glad I offered though and accepted my help. I think it's ok to offer someone help. I hope.

You know, I'm nearly 6 feet tall and even I had to strain to reach some of the things in the middle of the table. I don't know how they expected everyone else to be able to reach that stuff. Dear Old Navy Outlet store, maybe giant 12x8 tables are not the best place to display your tank tops.

No comments: