Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catching up

What's new with me? A few things. Someone needs to invent a thing that takes the blog posts out of your head and types them out.  If I had that I would update my blog a dozen times a day.  Since there is no such thing you get this list of news items instead.

1. Baby A continues to be awesome.  I had another ultrasound and she is bouncing and behaving.  I will have another ultrasound in a few weeks to find out if she really is a she.

2. Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the day we adopted Joseph.  That's pretty cool.  When he headed downstairs to go to bed last night he said "Good night!  I love you! I'm glad you adopted me! I like being part of this family!"  He might have said that because we had pizza for dinner and gave him some money to buy music on his ipod.  I'll take it though because that's just darned cute.

3. Elle had a couple of scary days of bad stomach pain. I ended up spending two days in the ER with her as doctors tried to figure out what was wrong. At one point she had to have a procedure done that was really uncomfortable and the whole time it was going on I was holding her hand and the nurse was telling her "It's almost done! After this you'll be all done!" and then we had to re-do the procedure and Elle looked at me with big, sad eyes and said "But you told me there wouldn't be any more uncomfortable things!" and then my heart fell on the floor and broke into a million pieces.

I think future teenage Elle will appreciate me not sharing all the details of her ER visit so I will keep some of it private.  The long and the short of it is that sometimes shit happens.  And when it doesn't happen you might need to stay in the ER for a while. And sometimes there are bladder infections.  (Sorry future Elle.)

4. My first surrogate baby turned 4 the other day. Nothing really else to add to that.

5. I got a Vitamix blender.  It's the best thing in my house.  I even like it better than my family.  My family can't make fancy coffee drinks and the blender doesn't leave it's shoes randomly scattered all over the floor. I'm not being paid to say this or getting anything in return for mentioning it.  I just want you to know that you need one of these blenders.  They're a little expensive (unless perhaps you have a very generous intended mother who buys it for you) but it's worth every penny and then some. Fair warning though, if you get one you're going to want to spend all day making smoothies.

6 comments:

Stimey said...

1. Yay, Baby A! I'm so proud of that little fetus!

2. Happy anniversary, Joseph!

3. Dude. Right? Our only ER visits so far (knock on wood) have been similar.

4. You have had a tremendous number of babies in a short period of time. You are Super Uterus!

5. A whoseywhatsey? I've never even heard of that. With my luck, I'd buy one and mine would leave its shoes around. That's how things go for me.

6. You're awesome.

The Laundress said...

You are amazing.

I remember "meeting" you while you told the story of Jospeh. And I thought you were amazing then.

I still think this, which means I am honored to be reading your thoughts...

thank you

Emily said...

Ten years?! Wow! I still remember that day pretty vividly. =)

susan said...

Oy, poor Elle. That sounds rough. (For you, too.)

I bet if I made my own smoothies I could get smoothies that don't all have frickin banana in them. Because it seems like every frickin smoothie place includes banana into every frickin one of their frickin smoothies. (In case you couldn't tell, I am not a banana fan. Frick.)

Anonymous said...

Jen, thanks for the update! Elle will get over her embarassment by the time she is 50. Things get worse in that department then. I'm so happy baby is thriving!! You go girl! Enjoy your new kitchen gadget! I want a smoothie next time I visit...that's okay, I'll make it myself! Hurray for Jospeh, I am glad he is our family, too! (Sending his card today!) Love to all, your MIL..Judy

Surrogacy said...

Thanks for the information, i posted your blog to my Facebook group . Thanks