Friday, February 26, 2010

Warning: Mommy blogging ahead!

Joseph recently had as assignment at school to write an essay about his family. I know this is the sort of post that only my mom will be interested in but I'm going to post the essay here. I'm doing it partly because I find the whole thing so utterly adorable and partly because his descriptions of Jesse and I leave me wondering if he's ever actually met us.

So, without further ado I present:

My Family

by Joseph

My family and I have lots of fun together. It seems we have something planned every week. These are the members of my family.

My mom's name is Jennifer and she is 32 years old. She's very organized and she loves cooking. She stays home and does housework and watches my sister. She is also very creative and loves using her craft room.

My dad's name is Jesse. He is 34 years old and he is very athletic. He loves spending time with me. He works at the [business name removed] office building and he does a lot of computer work.

My name is Joseph and I am 9 years old. I am creative and very fun. I am a big brother other my little sister.

My sister's name is Elle and she is 4 years old. She is very silly and kind of bossy. She likes to make up games.

My grandma's name is Karen. She is very organized and very neat. She is very fit and in shape. She works at [business name removed] in an office. She loves to invite me over for sleep overs and play dates. She also does that with my sister.

My grandpa's name is William but his nickname is Bill. He likes working on projects. He is very funny. He also like me being there for sleep overs and play dates, same for my sister. He works at [business name removed even though he got it wrong] in an office.

I love my family and there is still so much to come. There are so many members I didn't list like Nana, Ted, Matt, Amanda, Becky, Beany, Shyla, Nikki, Abby, Cole and so many more! The best part is there are so many more adventures to come. That is why I love my family.

The end

One year ago today I broke something awesome and started doing this "One year ago today" thing.
Three years ago today I told you not to take Zicam while you're nursing.
Four years ago today I made fun of a shirtless man.

4 comments:

Stimey said...

Awww, who's the cutest? I have to say, you are the picture of domesticity in this report. I fear what my kids would say about me.

Anonymous said...

Joseph is quite the writer! He has great observational abilities which is a key element in writing. Way to go Joseph!!

Grandma Judy

jenn said...

Aw, so cute!

Anonymous said...

Yes and Nana is interested in it also. Good Job Joseph.