Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Big as I wanna be

I'm 28 weeks pregnant now.

With past pregnancies I have always measured a bit behind. When Elle was born at 39 weeks I was measuring about 37 weeks along. When Little A was born at 38 weeks I had stalled out at about 36 weeks.

Now I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I'm measuring 40 weeks.

You guys. I am so freaking huge. It's not even funny. I can no longer move about with any kind of dignity or grace. I waddle, I heave, I hoist, I groan, I strain, I end up peeing myself a little bit. And that's just when I'm getting my shoes on.

I have continued my glorious tradition of failing the one hour blood glucose test. I expect that this time will go the same as the last two times. I'll take the three hour test and pass it and my blood sugar will never be an issue again. I'm really not worried about it. I'm not looking forward to drinking the horrible glucose drink again but whatever. I'll deal.

What I AM worried about is the position this little girl is in. Unlike her brother (who has always been head down like a good little fetus) she's decided to lie sideways for the time being. She's still got time to move into a better position and I'm hopeful that she does. If she doesn't I'll be getting a c-section and that's something I would rather avoid. So for now I'm sending DOWN vibes her way and keeping my fingers crossed.

Other than my massive size and wonky blood sugar all is going as expected with this pregnancy. I've got the usual complaints. Heartburn, a need to pee every 20 minutes, back aches, four or five charlie horses a night, swollen ankles, the growth of a thick and luxurious mustache. You know, all the good stuff.

There's really no way to end this rather boring update than to say ... 40 WEEKS!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!!

Two years ago today Elle was not a queen.

5 comments:

Al said...

*down, down, down, down*

wait... mustache, you say? this pregnancy thing sounds HAWT.

Shannon said...

I can't imagine!!!! Hang in there honey!

Tori said...

just found out a week and a half ago that we're pregnant with our first! in discussions to prepare for our first prenatal visit we realized that there's quite a family history of twins...I guess we'll see!

Sara said...

What? No pictures??

jenn said...

Wowza! The joys of twins, eh?