Thursday, August 03, 2006

Motherboy

I dropped Elle off with her godmother today so that Joseph and I could have some one-on-one time together. I took him to arts and crafts, then to lunch and then home to play some games and read some books and then to the library.

At the library I was humilated when they told me they couldn't allow me to check out books with my card until I paid off my ridiculous fees from nearly 4 years ago when I apparently lost a book that I honestly don't think I ever checked out. Seriously, do I seem like the kind of person who would check out "Trash to Treasure, Inexpensive Holiday Crafts"? I don't think so. Luckily Joseph has a library card of his own so they let him, the ultra-responsible 6 year old check out some stuff while his mother wildly pawed through her purse trying to scrape together the $42! needed to pay the library fee. (You know, I don't mind paying a fee if I owe it, but $42? For something I'm not even sure I had?) I don't know, I paid part of it but I think from here on out I'll always be sure to check books out on Joseph's card.

Anyway, Joseph and I had a really nice time together. It was nice to be able to devote 100% of my attention to him and I think he liked it a lot too. Several times he would say things like "I love you Mommy. I love to spend time with you! You are the best Mommy I ever met. I like to be with just the two of us." The funny thing is that without fail he would follow that up with a big sigh and say "It's just not the same without Elle around." Goofy kid.

No comments: