Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Fear of a white ball

Elle has developed a massive and crippling fear of my birthing ball. At first she liked it but then it rolled towards her once and that totally freaked her out. Then she started to panic if she saw it roll at all. Now she screams in terror if she even sees it just sitting still. If she finds herself anywhere near it she screams and runs away. Then she sobs "I scared of a ball!"

Would it be cruel of me to leave the ball at the foot of the stairs to keep her from climbing up them when I don't want her to? (I'm really tired of chasing her off the stairs all day long.)

Now the fear is extending to other balls in the house too. Yesterday she was trembling and crying when Joseph was playing with a little rubber SuperBall. What's up with that?

What happened to Elle in a past life that has got her so scared of balls?

5 comments:

Ferdinand the Duck said...

You can't make that joke about a baby...you can't make that joke about a baby...

Anonymous said...

A fear of balls? Not such a bad thing for a girl...

I couldn't resist.

Emily

Jen said...

You guys! Oh, who am I kidding. I was thinking the same thing myself.

Wil's Wheels said...

LOL at the comments. Hugs to Elle. To you, park the ball at the base of the stairs...I know, I am horrid. But I've been hardened by 4 sons. :)

Al said...

man, everyone beat me to the easy joke. so I'll just add the rimshot drum: ba-dum-BUM!