Monday, December 10, 2007

How did he get a stick in there anyway?

Sometimes this baby kicks me so hard that I feel like he's going to pop out of the top of my belly like that little creature in Alien. Ok, I know that's not a very original or interesting visual but that's what it feels like. I don't know if he's using his knee or his elbow or perhaps a sharp stick but it's really uncomfortable.

It's not like I can do anything about it either. Sometimes I rub my belly or tap on it and say "Hey, knock it off in there you little booger!" but it does no good. He just kicks harder. I think that's a surrobaby's way of saying "You can't tell me what to do! You're not my mom!"

So I grin and bear it. Or rather, I hunch over, grimace, say "Ohhhhhhhhowwwwww!" and bear it.

2 comments:

tripleZmom said...

Sometimes I think fondly about being pregnant. And then I read a post like this and I get over it. I hope he takes a nap tonight!

Jennifer said...

Remember in the movie Men In Black where that alien unzips the skin of that guy close to the beginning of the movie. When I was pregnant, I had nightmares so bad of that scene. I would wake up from sleep screaming and feel like my skin was being unzipped.