Monday, July 11, 2011

Almost like a business plan

So, um, I started a business.  Kinda.

In this modern age with the facebook and the twitter and the google+ all one really needs to do to start a business is log onto their social network of choice and declare "I HAVE STARTED A BUSINESS!"*

So a couple of days ago I logged onto facebook and declared that I am now a business owner.  Then I curled up in a ball and spent the day trying not to vomit and thinking maybe I should call the whole thing off.

You see, I feel like saying "Please like my business and perhaps choose to utilize my services" feels a lot like I'm saying "Here's my heart!  Feel free to stomp all over it and mock me!"  I tend to take things a little personally.

But, if I don't challenge myself and I don't take chances then I am never going to grow.  And I do want to grow.  And grow in new and exciting ways that don't involve my ass.  So please, if you are so inclined please check out my new project Heartland Photography and maybe click the "like" button or repost or retweet or whatever it is the young people are doing these days.  I'm just starting out and fumbling my way through this but I love photography and I think I have some fun, original ideas on how to make this business work and the support of my bloggy buddies means the world to me.

Thank you to the moon and back.

*That makes me think of The Office when Michael stands in the middle of the office and yells "I declare ... BANKRUPTCY" which was one of the funnier moments ever on the show and now I can't hear the word "bankruptcy" without thinking of it.

Three years ago today I tracked the Wild Asshat.
Four years ago I was a germaphobe.  Ahahahahaha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM SO VERY, VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!

YOU GROW GIRL!!!!

Love you, your MIL, Judy

dancing_lemur said...

YAY YOU!! I liked it, and liked it from my own FB photography page. :)

Jen said...

so proud of you for so many reasons... for being so talented, for facing your fears of rejection, and for continuing to push yourself. No wonder you're my best friend. ;)

Stimey said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you! I am off to repost!