Monday, October 09, 2006

Glad I could help

Today someone came to my site through Google after searching for "baby always has green boogers in her nose". I'm sorry I'm not able to offer some helpful advice.

Today some nice ladies came to the door to talk about forming a neighborhood watch. We talked about how we noticed how not nice the neighborhood had gotten recently. They seemed so sweet and good-intentioned that I didn't have the heart to tell them we're planning on getting the heck outta Dodge soon and that I wouldn't be able to help them with their neighborhood watch. It's a good idea but I think it might take more than that to change things around here.

We've been getting at least one phone call a day for some politician or another. I've started telling them all that I'm notgoing to vote. It seems to bother them but the fact is that there is no canidate for any office that I can throw my support behind 100%. They're all bad. Plus, my one little vote won't make a difference. This will be the first election since I was able to vote that I won't vote in. I feel so American.

4 comments:

Ben said...

I'll be voting against the nice lady who lets her dog poop in our back yard.

Jen said...

I could never vote for her either. I don't even know her stand on the issues. Every time I see one of her ads all I can think is "Yeah, but do you ever clean up after your damn dog?"

Anonymous said...

Hey,,,,,you might want to rethink that not voting.... I always say that if you don't vote you don't get to complain either...(actually the complain is replaced with a word that starts with a b and rhymes with witch, but this is a family site, so I tried to clean it up!) So, I always make sure that I maintain my rights to complain!!! Judy

Anonymous said...

so the one time I consciously chose not to vote was in the 2000 election, when I was so pissed off by bush vs. gore that I just threw up my hands and stayed home. and look where that got me. in hindsight, ritual japanese suicide might've been a better option for me...