Thursday, April 09, 2009

For Maddie

I would imagine that by now nearly everyone in the blogging community knows about the heartbreak that has hit Mike and Heather Spohr. Their lovely little girl, Maddie, has passed away.

I have been trying for a while to put into words how I feel about this but I just can't do it. Part of me questions if I even have the right to mourn for this child that I never even knew, to grieve for the loss her parents have to endure. Right or wrong though, I am sad. I am sad because Maddie was a true bright spot in this world and now she's no longer with us. I am sad because her parents now have to find a way to pick up the pieces and move forward after an unimaginable loss. I am sad because no family should have to go through what this family is going through right now.

Someone has put together a beautiful tribute to Maddie (if anyone knows who can you let me know so I can give credit?) and I would like to share it with you.


Maddie's parents are taking part in the March of Dimes this year. Their goal was to raise $3000. As I write this they have raised over $18,000 in Maddie's name. The March of Dimes raises money to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. If you would like to donate you can go here and do so. It's a wonderful cause and fitting tribute to Maddie that so much money was raised in so short a time. She certainly left her mark on this world.

Two years ago today people used Google to find strange things.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Having lost a child myself, it actually helped knowing that other people were sad. This made my daughter real. That she actually touched others as well. I think that it is appropriate and very sweet that things you posted about her.