Friday, February 25, 2011

The Amazingish Race

Let's talk about The Amazing Race shall we? I have been a fan of this show since the first season. I think it's clever, exciting and fun. Well, most of the time it's those things. Once in a while it sort of sucks because a really lame team wins it all (FLO!) but most of the time it's pretty good.

This most recent season is called Unfinished Business and it's made up of returning, non-winning teams. These sorts of things can either go really well or really, really badly. Let's look at who the returning teams are (At the time I wrote this I had not yet seen the first episode. I will watch it as soon as I'm done here.):

Jet and Cord - Loved them. Loved, them, loved them, loved them. And I also loved them. Nice guys who kept their sense of humor and looked adorable in cowboy hats. I almost cried when they went out.

Margie and Luke - A mother and her deaf son. I wanted to like them, I really did. I liked them at first but then it became clear that Margie was kind of a screechy wench and Luke had a chip on his shoulder the size of .... something big. I was not sad to see them lose.

Amanda and Kris - Who? I don't remember them at all. Another boring, pretty couple who probably called each other "babe" a lot. Yawn.

Flight Time and Big Easy - This team of two Harlem Globe Trotters was another favorite of mine. They made some really stupid mistakes while racing but they just were so darned fun to watch. I hope they stick around.

Mel and Mike - I loved this father and son team. The dad is Mel is nearly 70 and the son is Mike White and they are awesome. I hope they stick around too.

Kent and Vyxsin - I hope these two get eaten by crocodiles in the first episode. If they manage to hang in there any longer than two episodes I will cry. These two goth/pixie/emo/punk/weirdos are just so very pleased with themselves and their non-conforming ways. It's just painful to watch. Why did they bring them back?!?

Gary and Mallory - Mallory was a fairly religious beauty queen and I did not expect to like them but this father/daughter team really grew on me. They were just to upbeat and nice and Mallory seemed to be having the time of her life. I hope they go far this time.

LaKisha and Jen - I liked them at first but less and less as their season went on. Then they were eliminated when one of them stopped to pee as they were racing to the end of that leg of the race. I hope that this time they know to pee their pants if that's what it takes to get to the end. You don't want to go out because of a potty break.

Zev and Justin - Best friends, one of them has Aspergers. Do I even need to tell you how much I loved them? They went out last time because of a lost passport. I cried. I will cry again if they don't win this time. Hell, I'll cry even if they do win. Seriously. I love them.

Ron and Christina - Christina seemed like a lovely person but Ron was an ass. It made me uncomfortable to watch this father and daughter team as berated and belittled her across every country they traveled to. They made it to the end but did not win. As they cried about their loss Ron said "For the first time I can finally say that I actually love my daughter." I hope Ron gets eaten by crocodiles this time.

Jamie and Cara - They operated in two modes: boring and abrasive. Plus, I was never able to tell them apart. Meh.

So who will it be? Who will win it all? I can't wait to find out! Unless it's Kent and Vyxsin. Or Ron.

Edited to add: NOOOOOOOOO!

2 comments:

Stimey said...

I LOVE the Amazing Race. You know what would be a great team on the Amazing Race? Two internet soul sisters who have never met before the race. Let me know the second you are not pregnant and are available to fly the world with me, m'kay?

Also, go Zev & Justin! Go Globetrotters! (I love that they play the Globetrotters music every time they're doing somthing.)

susan said...

I've never seen The Amazing Race, but I would watch the hell out of Team Jen-Stimey.