Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Thin Mints?

A box of Thin Mints contains 28 cookies.  14 per sleeve.  The cookie box claims that four Thin Mints equals a serving.

I'm not saying how many Thin Mints that I consider to be a serving but it sure as heck isn't four.  I can accidentally inhale four Thin Mints just while opening the box.

So what do you think?  How many Thin Mints make up a reasonable, normal person sized serving?  (And if you leave me a comment lecturing me about calories or trans fats then I'm just going to delete it because you're being a creep and for the love of pete, I just want to talk to the nice people about Thin Mints.)

Two years ago today Jesse and I were awesome.
Five years ago today I said something I swore I never would.

7 comments:

susan said...

I don't know that I've ever managed to eat less than 8 or 10 at a time, unless it's not my box of Thin Mints (in which case I will take two and then make myself scarce until the reflex to shove 6-8 more down my gullet subsides).

Swistle said...

One serving is "a sleeve." It's a typo: there's supposed to be a 1 in front of the 4.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Todd, the guy here at work that I bought the cookies from says that a serving size is 7 cookies, that way a box will last you 4 days. What a silly man, he assumes that you are only going to have one serving a day!! I'm with Swistle on this one. A sleeve is a serving. From personal experience I usually consume at least half a sleeve at one sitting adn within a half hour I am back for the other half. So, a serving size is what you NEED at that particular time!!

Enjoy!! Love, your MIL - Judy

Jen said...

I sleeve = 1 serving, unless of course said person is pregnant... fetuses get a serving of their own.

kate said...

I'd say about 8. If I eat more than 8, which I'm certainly capable of, than I start feeling ashamed of myself. But I can eat 8 fairly guilt free, and 4 is not sufficient. What is most likely is that I will consume a sleeve over the course of the day, two or three cookies at a time. And that assumes I am controlling myself. I have a thin mint problem. I have to limit the number of boxes I'm allowed to buy.

Also, I have not been sold thin mints this year. Am I in danger of missing out? WHERE ARE ALL THE GIRL SCOUTS?

Stimey said...

I was going to say exactly what Swistle said.

Slim said...

OK, if four is a serving, why are the sleeves not packed with multiples of four? It's either an innocent mistake or a conspiracy.