Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy, happy birthday babies

My surro-twins are a year old today.

It seems like only yesterday that I found out I was pregnant and that it was with twins.  And then I blinked and now they're a year old.  Because I don't see them every day I still think of them as tiny little newborns and not as great big one year old babies.

I feel a little sad today.  I don't know why.  Tomorrow my life will be no different with the twins being 366 days old than it was when they were 364 days old.  But still....  I feel like a chapter is being closed.  Something is ending.  Something I can't put my finger on or find the words to define.

I think that the hormones I'm taking to prepare for my next surrogacy are muddling things up.  These days I'm either crabbing at someone or crying over something stupid.  Take an already emotional person, add a large dose of hormones and a bittersweet milestone and you have a recipe for me eating chocolate and blubbering like a baby.

I'm not all sad though.  I'm happy that the babies are well cared for and healthy and loved so much by their dads.  They're lucky children.  I'm lucky that I got to be a part of bringing them here.  That makes me happy.

So Happy Birthday to my sweet, serious Girl and my bright and sunny Boy.  You are more special to me than you could ever know.  Thank you for the smiles, the memories and the stretch marks.

Two years ago today I loved my friend.
Three years ago today it was Easter.
Six years ago today I started this blog.  Crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen... a great big hug to you...and enjoy the chocolate. Do you have any thin mints left? That might be good, too. How about crunched up on chocolate ice cream?? Yes, the hormones you are taking do enhance your emotions...just hang in there, pretty soon you will be growing the next surro baby who will loved and cherished by his/her parents and you can feel happy again at giving that wonderful gift to another couple!

Anonymous said...

oppps.... that previous message was from your MIL!