Friday, March 11, 2011

Ash Wednesday

This last Wednesday was Ash Wednesday.  Those of you who don't live in the middle of Catholictown USA might be a little confused about what this means.  Allow me to eplain:

Ash Wednesday is a holy day that happens once a year.  Every year Ash Wednesday is marked by me telling a total stranger that they have some dirt or something on their head and then feeling like an idiot because I forgot that it was Ash Wednesday.

Two years ago today Joseph was in a bad mood.
Three years ago today I saw a bad movie.

4 comments:

Stimey said...

OMG, I do that too. Well, I would do that if my impulse to be kind to strangers were stronger than my social anxiety.

Social anxiety, FTW!

Jen said...

yep. I do it too. This year it was "oh, you have some ink on your fore.... oh, nevermind."

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, the day after Mardi Gras!!
Party like the devil and repent the next day! What a wonderful concept! At least McDonald's has two fish sandwiches every Friday for 3.33! That's about the only "good" (?) thing that I can think of relative to Lent. Party on!

Love to all of you... MIL-Judy

Waffle Recipes said...

Thanks, great blog post