Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Don't waste your time on Vantage Point

The title pretty much sums it up. Don't bother with Vantage Point. There, I just saved you the $12 you could have spent seeing it. As a thank you you may purchase something for me off of my Amazon.com wishlist.

Anyway, Vantage Point. It's one of those movies that when it was over I sat there for a second and thought "Wow, that was kind of stupid" but a few days later my hatred for the movie has grown and every time I think about it I want to shake my fists and scream "Damn you Vantage Point!"

I thought it was going to be a cool who-done-it with lots of unexpected twists. It wasn't. I had the conclusion figured out about 10 minutes into the movie. All that was left to do was sit back and watch the indestructible hero of the movie run around and get into car accidents that would kill anyone else but somehow leave him with only a rugged looking scratch on his cheek. Also his handgun held 200 bullets.

When Jesse and I went to see the movie there was a couple there that we know and they said they liked the movie. Take that for what it's worth though because they're stupid. So maybe if you're stupid you'll like this movie. If you've got a brain in your head you won't enjoy this movie at all and you'll leave the theater thinking "Oh yeah, right. These people have a huge plot to kill the president and they kill goodness knows how many people in order to pull it off but then the whole plot gets foiled when the bad guy swerves to avoid hitting a little girl standing in the road even though he already almost killed her in the beginning of the movie by setting off a massive bomb right where she was? And what was with the president and his bodyguard looking like they were going to make out there at the end? Stupid!" At least that's what I was thinking.

Save your money or go see No Country for Old Men instead.

2 comments:

Ferdinand the Duck said...

This made me laugh and laugh. I read the part about your stupid acquaintances for the entire office.

StickyKeys said...

$12 for a movie ticket?! What is the world coming too *smh*