Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Because I said so

Last night I invoked the rule of "Because I'm the parent and you're the kid" with Joseph for the first time ever. We're trying a little experiment with him for a few days. He's not allowed to watch any TV during the week and then on the weekend he can watch a couple of shows that we have picked out (and approved) in advance. After I got done explaining this to him I went upstairs to watch the Amazing Race. Of course he asked why I got to watch TV and he didn't. As I kid I always swore I would never say this to my kids but now I'll admit it felt a little good to be able to say "Because I'm the parent and you're the kid and that's just the way it is." That's it, no more explination required. Joseph hates it and even Jesse rolled his eyes at me but who cares? Hahahahahah! I'm finally the one who gets to say stuff like that! Ohhhh, the power!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh oh.... be careful with all that power!!! It will come back to haunt you...this is the voice of experience.

Stimey said...

I can't tell Sam "Because." anymore because some fool teacher has been telling him that "'Because' is not an answer."