Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Words With Friends

You may not know this about me but I enjoy playing Scrabble-type games.  I play a few of them on my phone.  I'm not very good at them but they're fun.  Plus they're educational!  I have learned that "qi" is a word.  I don't know what it means but it's a good way to use up a Q when you don't have a U.

Yesterday I got Words With Friends on my phone.  I've heard about this game a lot from my iphone having friends but it just came out for android so now even us tragically unhip folks can play.  I started the game up and started playing against a bunch of random people.  In the past I have found that Scrabble playing folks are a nice lot and I have never run into any weirdos playing against strangers.

Then last night I was doing really, really well in one of my games.  Probably the best Scrabble game I've ever had.  Woot for me!  Then the guy I'm playing against accused me of cheating.  Using my friendliest typing tone I responded that I was getting lucky and I didn't even know how to cheat in the game since this was my first time playing.

Then he called me a "cunt punch".

I thought about being offended but the pure absurdity of a person calling a perfect stranger a "cunt punch" over losing in a Scrabble game was too overwhelming to me and I had to laugh.

Then I used my friendliest typing tone again and I reassured him that I was not cheating.  Then I said if he wanted to be mad about anything he should be mad that he's so stupid and that he has such a small penis.

Now he's angrily sending me message after message that I am ignoring and I won't quit the game because I won't let him win by default and I won't play any more because misogynists are no fun to play games with.

WORDS WITH FRIENDS!

Three years ago today I was insecure, with good reason.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Holy Crap! People are so fucking bizarre. Seriously. It is a sad sad person who has so much anger.

Swistle said...

GEEZ. Is there a way to, like, report krazies?

Suzanne said...

This is the danger with having a phone connected to the internet - the crazy follows you even when you are away from the computer.

I've had three different people accuse me of cheating and quit WWF games. I tried to point out I don't need to cheat to spell things like "queue" but apparently that word is SO OBSCURE no one knows it.

Anonymous said...

Jen.... I am laughing at this whole situation. I love your penis comeback! Also, I think you should send him one more message telling him exactly what you said at the end of your post. That he is no fun to play with (especially appropriate after your penis comment). You go girl!!

Your MIL...Judy

PS: reminds me of what I'd say when someonce called me a bitch,
which was "I must be doing something right to have pissed you off."

Stimey said...

Wow. That is hilarious. And a little distressing. People are crazy. Also, that is the most bizarre insult I've ever heard.

Emily said...

I wouldn't tell a complete stranger that, but I did tell Justin I was going to bite off his nipples and feed them a cow the other day when he was winning at Scrabble.

Emily said...

*Feed his nipples TO a cow. Not feed his nipples A cow.