Monday, May 11, 2009

Better times ahead

You may noticed (or you may have not) that I am in a bit of a blog slump. It's not that I don't have anything to talk about, it's that I am to damned crabby to talk about it. The hormones have hit me like a Mac truck and I now spend most of my time either crying or trying not to yell at whoever it is that's making me cry at that moment. I also manage to squeeze in nearly round the clock chocolate consumption.

It's not all for nothing though. The hormones are doing their job. Blood tests show my hormone levels are exactly where they should be. On Friday I had an ultrasound to measure my uterine lining. Three seconds into the ultrasound the nurse doing it said "Oh wow! Your lining looks great! You've made a perfect spot for those embryos!" I am a rock star at building a uterine lining.

On Wednesday I will fly to Los Angeles. On Thursday I will have the embryo transfer. I will take it easy for a while and then fly home on Saturday. I have to admit that I am looking forward to a couple of days of rest, relaxation and room service. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I come back in a better mood and, more importantly, pregnant.

In the meantime, if you hear someone weeping quietly, don't be alarmed. It's just me feeling sad because I have no chocolate within arms reach.

Two years ago today I was in a bit of a bad mood about crappy internet people.
Four years ago today I was 17 weeks pregnant and gassy.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I did notice you were in a blog slump!
Do you know I've never had room service before? I cant be jealous that youre getting pregnant but I am jealous you're going to LA! Good luck!

Esther said...

Praying for you! I am awed that you can give such a gift. I know that I wouldn't be able to do it!

Anonymous said...

you just let it slip that you are coming to l.a. again

Stimey said...

I literally have not read a blog for days and days and am just catching up, so I was unaware of a slump. You are likely getting implanted as I write this. Good luck!!!!! Enjoy your room service.

Karen said...

I knew it! LA... You're having a baby for a celeb!