Thursday, November 06, 2008

We just always love Obama

A couple of weeks ago Joseph asked me if we could to and get an Obama sign for our yard. (Ok, he asked for a "Brock Abama" sign but that's close enough.) I took him to the DFL office and he went in and (without any prompting from me) asked "Can I please have a Brock Abama sign an Al Franken sign and maybe some bumper stickers too if you have them?"

As the volunteer was getting the stuff together he looked at me and said "That's the cutest thing I've ever seen."

What can I say? My boy knows a good thing when he sees it. The sign is still in the yard. I just don't have the heart to take it down. I might save it and let Joseph keep it in his room.

On election day I was driving somewhere with Elle and she was singing away and the back seat. All of the sudden she stopped and said to me "Mama, I just always love Obama."

Oh Elle. Like a knife made of cute and smart you stab me in the heart and make me ooze love and pride and metaphorical gore all over the internet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

start 'em young, baby!

Stimey said...

Hooray for the next generation!

Jen said...

I can guess what she was singing.... because Amelia is now singing it 24-7. LOL.

Esther said...

I've tagged you! Head on over to my blog to check it out!

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

OMG, I love it. My 2-year-old was singing about "Arock Obama" the whole way to the polling place...and back.

Kids are too cute!