Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Crazy! (Or, how Frosty got his groove back)


We have a family tradition where we like to dress the kids in pajamas, pile them into the car with warm blankets and drive around looking at Christmas lights until they fall asleep. I always think it will be so nice to get out and enjoy the beauty and the wonder and the glow and the blah blah blah. The truth is that every year we just end up mocking every one's efforts and giggling at how tacky their yards are. Oh, don't get me wrong, our yard isn't any better. We're just as tacky as the next family. In fact, I think most Christmas displays are tacky. It's just hard to do it tasteful. And as long as people are putting it all out there, well, then we're going to point and giggle.

It really takes a special Christmas display though to make your eight year old cry ou "What is that snowlady doing to Frosty!?!"

The snow is covering the bottom if this thing up so you can't really tell but she's actually straddling Frosty. It's so disturbing. So disturbing in fact that I had to drive by it during the day to take a picture of it. It wasn't until I had taken about five pictures that Joseph said "Uh, Mommy? Do you know they're standing in the garage watching you?"

Oops. Sorry folks, but some Christmas crazy is just to good not to share. Click here for more crazy fun!

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Oh, my. I think I feel bad for Frosty. I wonder if the League of Snowmen has a HR department so he can report that on-the-job misconduct. Poor guy.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Straddling Frosty? They should totally make a movie called that *snort*

Love the crazy.