Monday, January 19, 2009

The one where I laugh like a donkey

Now that Elle is three she has taken to having big pouting fits for no reason. I fear what she'll be like when she's a teenager because even now at this tender age she's already got me walking on egg shells around her. You never know what's going to set her off. She'll draw a yellow card during Candyland when she really wanted a purple one and throw herself dramatically to the floor. She'll discover that her pink sweat pants are dirty when she wanted to wear them and slam her bedroom door. The crayon that she's playing with breaks and she weeps inconsolably. I really, really fear for the future.

The good thing is that for now it's pretty easy to break her out of her bad moods. Sometimes it just takes something as simple as asking her if she wants to wear socks.

Look, you can still see tears on her cheeks there. When I showed that video to Elle she thought it was so funny that she wanted to reenact it. This was the result.

Ok, a little fakey but still cute. Once she saw that video she wanted to do it again.

After seeing that video she wanted to do it yet again but then the memory card on my camera was full so she couldn't. When I told her that she crawled under her bed and cried. The only way I could make her feel better was to promise her that she could use some hotel soap that night when she took a bath.

And yes, hotel soap is soap from a hotel. It's what I brought her back from California. She loves it. Three is so awesome sometimes.

7 comments:

LibraryGirl62 said...

I have to tell you...when my daughter was 3, I actually told her one of us would not live until she was 18-it was that bad. But her DR told me she would change when she started school-and she did! She is now 16 and I am so incredibly blessed! She is the best teenager EVER!!! So I think they get it out of their systems early, leaving us to actually enjoy them later. But...I can still hear her say.."I CAN DO IT MYSELF"-that was her battle cry from 2 to 4.

Teddi Taylor said...

This is hilarious! And my daughter (three, but soon to be four) also loves hotel soap... weird, I know.

Anonymous said...

Note to self: Must get hotel soap. Mine is four now and she's mellowed a bit. But only a bit.

Stimey said...

I'm more than a little freaked out by the fact that I sound exactly like you on video. Except I would never have been patient enough with my children to tape them three times.

Esther said...

That laugh is the best!

Alison Wonderland said...

I find myself wishing that my daughter would just hit puberty already so that I can at least have PMS to blame her mood swings on. Does that make me a bad person?

Al said...

this is hilarious, in a fabulous meta-sort of way.