Friday, January 16, 2009

I wonder why I have low self esteem?

I was loading a few pictures of our Disney vacation onto Flickr. Joseph walked into the room just as I opened up a picture of myself. ""Ahhhhhh!" he screamed as he pointed at the screen.

"Joseph!" I said, a little surprised at his reaction. Ok, so it wasn't best picture in the world but it was one of about three taken of me during our whole trip and maybe with a little bit of photoshopping it could be presentable.

"I'm sorry Mommy" he said earnestly. "I don't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm not saying that you're ugly. I'm just saying that the picture is really bad. What did you do to it to make it look that ugly?"

Cripes. I'm going to go back to my bell tower now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must remember that he is 8....and a great teaser!!! You look like a terrific young woman who was having a wonderful time!!

Grandma Judy

Michelle said...

I think you look great. Maybe he sees you 'clearer' in real life.

Anonymous said...

I would take it as a compliment. Some of us don't photograph that well, me included. It seems that he sees you as much prettier in real life!

BTW, you look great to me!

Stimey said...

I apologize for laughing. "I don't mean to hurt your feelings..." I love kids.

I think the picture is great!

Jen said...

You already know I think you're a beauty, inside and out...

Anonymous said...

Funny. And I can't believe how tactfully he backtracked.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a cute picture. I wouldn't take him seriously. Though I love his disclaimer.