Friday, June 11, 2010

People who leave comments are crazy (but don't let that stop you)

I discovered long ago that if I'm going to read a news article online I should probably not read the comments following it.  It's better for my blood pressure and sanity if I just click away at the end of the article and not read a single comment.  I can't tolerate all that ugliness in one place.

What is it about people who comment on news articles online?  No matter what the original article is about, the oil spill, the newest summer fashions, how to best grow tomatoes upside down, people are always the same.  Why are they all so ignorant, hateful and humorless?  Is it that none of them can find anyone in real life who wants to listen to their opinions so they have to spew it all out in comment boxes? 

Yesterday I was reading something about the oil spill and I accidentally scrolled down a bit too far and hit the comment section.  I saw a comment so glorious, so wildly, wonderfully bizarre that I I immediately copied and pasted it.  I plan on re-reading it whenever I'm feeling a little down because it just makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.  I hope you enjoy it too.

"please CONGRESS...EPA....somebody.....we gotta do something.....BP ...sure don't seem to be STOPPING THE OIL LEAK....DONALD TRUMP.....WHERE ARE YOU.....HELP....HELP...NATIONAL GEOGRAPHICS....DO SOMETHING....PLEASE....ITS NOW....50 DAYS!!"

Thank you Betty of Massachusetts.  Your irrational faith in Donald Trump's ability to stop the oil leak has reminded me that people aren't always mean and nasty.  Sometimes they're just really random and that's a wonderful thing.


Two years ago today Joseph wanted a wig and Elle was a little sneak.
Three years ago today Jesse painted the basement.

4 comments:

Stimey said...

WHY DOES EVERY CRAZY PERSN THIK THEY KNOW WAHT THE RITE THING TOO DO IS MAKE FUNOF PEOPLE WHO LIKE DON TRUMP!!!!!!...WHIRLYGIG!

susan said...

Priceless. Thanks for that.

Shannon said...

OMG, that was awesome. Made my day. And yes, I believe you are right that when people can't find real, live friends to listen to their bullshit they just online where they can say whatever they want.

Miss Maha said...

I couldn't agree more! I hate the comments people leave on articles almost as much as I hate the teasers broadcasters give on the news. "What in your house might be slowly killing you? Find out next week!"