Monday, August 13, 2007

Hooray!

Hooray! No more bedrest!

That's right, I'm back in good old Minnesota (it's hotter here than it was in LA!) and I'm off of bedrest. I still have to take it easy for the nest week or so but I don't have to do it while laying in bed. After this week everything should be back to normal.

The trip itself went pretty well. Highlights included realizing I was the fattest woman in all of LA (more on that later), the cabbie from India who cheerfully insulted every aspect of my life (more on that later too and seriously, it was hilarious) and having the following phone conversation with Joseph:

Me: Have you had anything to eat yet today sweetie?
Joseph: You mean other than cookies and tootsie rolls? No.
Jesse: Ack! Give me that phone back!

The only crappy part of the trip, aside from the guy next to me on the way home who was maybe the grossest person I've ever been next to (and yes, more on that later) was the CVS test. The doctor reassured me that she had numbed my skin so that I wouldn't even feel the needle going in. And that was true. I didn't feel the needle at all as it entered the first layer of skin. After that though I could feel it piercing through each layer of fat and flesh on my tummy. When the time came for the needle to pierce through my uterine wall the doctor told me I would feel "a little bit of pressure" and I felt something like what it must feel to have a slightly sharpened steel beam shoved through your abdomen. Also, I felt and hear a series of pops as each layer was punctured. It was fairly horrifying. But at least that first layer of skin was numb!

But it's all over now and I'm home and when I got off the plane both kids plastered themselves to me for a good five minutes. I had missed tham so much and I was so happy to be home that I just cried right there in the middle of the airport. It's good to be home and sleeping in my own bed next to my own snoring, farting husband and being kicked in the head all night long by my own feisty, busy son and being woken up ever 30 minutes by my own shreiky, demanding daughter. No, seriously, I'm so happy to be home. I really missed my favorite throw up bowl.

6 comments:

Sophie Treadmill said...

So glad to hear the good news! It sounds like you are feeling better too. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Bananas said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to go home!!! That CVS test sounds truly dreadful... your description STILL has me shuddering in horror.

Ferdinand the Duck said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well!

Nell said...

Oh good. I'm so glad you're back and everything is better - I was worried about you.

StickyKeys said...

You've been in my thoughts and prayers, glad things are looking up hope they continue in that direction!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, I'm gone from the blog world for a couple of weeks and you go wild and get put on bed rest. ;)

Seriously, glad to hear the bed sentence is over and hope that means the situation with baby is good.

Take care. How's Joseph?