Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Never ask my husband to buy you maxi pads

After A was born and I was still in the hospital I asked Jesse to stop by the store and buy me some pads for after I got home. He looked confused and we had the following conversation:
Jesse: Don't you already have some at home?
Me: Yes, but not enough.
Jesse: Really? Are you sure?
Me: Yeah, I know that I only have a few at home.
Jesse: Hmmmm.
Me: Trust me! I know that I need more!
Jesse: (skeptically) Oooookaaaay.
Me: OH MY GOD! Why are you doubting me on this!?! Wouldn't I know better than you how many pads I have? I think I have a pretty good handle on my current pad inventory! So unless you want me washing out and reusing the few I have then please, for the love of all that is holy, buy me some damned maxi pads!

Ok, I didn't say that last part. I'm sure he got the message from the look I shot him though. The look said "Do you really want to argue over feminine hygiene products with me?"

Last week I asked Jesse to buy me more pads. This time he didn't argue at all. He went right out and got me some. Or, he tried. What was the problem? He brought me bladder leakage protection pads. For people who are incontinent. He went in to a store where he used to work and where I know a good number of the employees and bought me adult diapers. Technically they are pads but they're huge and wearing one (Yes, I tried using them. I was in a pinch) makes you look and feel like you're carrying a rolled up sleeping bag between your legs. What was Jesse's excuse? "They were on the shelf right next to what I bought you last time!" Of course. It's only logical then that you would buy the thing next to what you bought last time. It makes perfect sense.

The moral of this story? Never ask my husband to buy you maxi pads. You just can't count on him for that sort of thing. But, since he really is a pretty good guy most of the time next time I'll tell you a story that shows how you can count on him when it really matters.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only can my husband not buy them successfully, he can't even come with me - he rushed me so much last time that I bought the kind without wings! I NEED the wings, man.

I feel for you.

Nell said...

Ha! Congratulations by the way, sorry I've been MIA lately, hope all is well with you.

Anonymous said...

Damn....at least I tried.

Jesse

Anonymous said...

I always give him the old box so he can buy exactly the same thing for just this reason!!

Life As I Know It said...

Oh no! My husband bought them for me once when I was stuck at home after just having given birth.
Definitely was not his favorite thing to do...

Thanks for visiting my blog!