Friday, June 06, 2008

Blogs that you might not read but you should

I was de-cluttering my reader today and I was amazed at how many dead blogs I had on there. I was sad to delete some of them but I'm guessing that after six months? Some of them just aren't coming back. As I was organizing some of my new reads into folders (cleaning my reader is easier and more fun than cleaning my house) I kept thinking "This is such a good blog! I should share this with someone!" So that's what I'm going to do. Do yourself a favor and check out the following blogs. If you're running short on time just pick one. I promise you that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

matt, liz and madeline - The tag line for this blog is "life and death. all in a 27 hour period. what you read here is what follows." That pretty much says it all. You may want to start here to get a feel for what this blog is about. Be prepared to cry. The writing style was a little hard for me to get into at first but once I did I was glad I stuck with it.

The Wind in Your Vagina - Yes, that's really what it's called. Even stranger, it's written by a man. This is daddy-blogging with a twist. Be prepared to laugh.

Mara Triangle - This blog is written by a man named Joseph who is "the head of tourism and anti-animal harassment for the Mara Conservancy" in Kenya. This isn't updated very often but it's a fascinating read. Joseph is also on Twitter and Flickr. Be prepared to be educated and to see some gory animal pictures. It's gore with a purpose though.

Fat Cyclist - This is written by a man who um, rides a bike. A lot. So he's not really fat at all. He blogs about biking a little but he blogs more about his wife and her battle with cancer. Be prepared to laugh and cry and discover a long dormant desire to take up biking. At least that's what happened to me.

Ok, I've shared with you some of my new finds, now it's your turn! Tell me who else I should be reading. Also, let me know if you checked out any of the above and what you thought of them.

9 comments:

polkadot said...

I went to the daddy blog. not sure.

Tink1272 said...

I am new here, but I just wanted to say, I read the whole thing last week, and I LOVE it. I am so glad that you got to have Joseph and that you have such beautiful children.

I like it here! :-)

Leslie said...

I loved Wind in Your Vagina. I couldn't not read with a title like that. I'm going to add it to MY read list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jon said...

Thanks for dropping my name. And thanks laggin. And not sure about what thatgirl? No, thanks for checking it out - even if you;re not sure, thatgirl. Best to all of you: BHJ

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cool recommendations!

Jen said...

thatgirl - Maybe it's an aquired taste? I don't know, I likes it.

tink - Thank you so mcu for your kind words. And yes, my kids are pretty cute.

laggin - The title is what drew me in too. The story behind it is great.

BHJ - I'm ahppy to drop names. Just remember, it's not my job to get my ego wrapped up in making you happy. Or something like that.

jerseygirl - I just figured if there's one thing everyone needs, it's more blogs to read. Because what else are we going to do with our days?

Ferdinand the Duck said...

I hope you didn't delete me from your reader, because I actually updated today!

Leslie said...

I just looked at Matt, Liz and Madeline and I think my heart broke a little.
:(

KatBouska said...

Ooh I love reccomendations. I'm gonna go check out some of t hose right now!