Monday, June 27, 2005

Pregnancy is fun!

I finally got in to see my doctor today about this pain I've been having in my lower abdomen. The verdict? My muscles in my abdomen are stretching to make room for everything going on in there (as happens) and one particular muscle has developed a weak spot and come apart. Therefor every time I use the muscle it kind of comes apart and the stuff behind it bulges through.

It won't hurt the baby and after I give birth things will go back to normal. For now there's not a whole lot I can do. I asked the doctor what I could do to stop the pain and she said "Give birth". I can walk to try to strenghten the area but I have to stop if it hurts too bad. Should be interesting because today it hurt like a son of a gun just to walk across the room. I am never getting pregnant again!

On the upside, I am 6 months along today. Aside from the pain I'm feeling pretty good and things seem to be going well with the baby. I have gained another 5 pounds so that puts my official pregnancy weight gain at minus 7 pounds. Yipee! Still in the negative.

The baby kicks all the time! I can see my stomach bouncing all over the place now. Yesterday I was laying in bed and there was a bulge on the right side of my stomach. It's so bizzare, it just makes me laugh when I can see her moving around in there. She's gotten into the schedule of doing arobics right as I lay down to sleep at night.

Quick Joseph story - Last night at about 1:00 he wandered into my room, still fast asleep. He came up to the bed and (still sleeping) started to sing. "What do we want? A girl worth fighting for!" I took him to the bathroom and as he was peeing he was still singing "a girl worth fighting for!". I would love to peek inside his head to see what he dreams about.

No comments: