Sunday, July 22, 2007

Harry Potter and the Fairly Unspoilerish Review

Well, I did it. I finished it this afternoon. It was .... I don't know. About as I thought it would be I suupose. Unlike the other books, there was almost no humor in this one. I guess there was a little bit but the overall tone of the whole book was so dark that the humor just sort of seemed a little off. There were a few points in the book that seemed so dark and adult that they just seemed out of place in a children's book. It ended about the way I expected it to but there were a couple of little suprises along the way. Now I just sort of feel let down because now it's really, really over. yes, I know that it's silly to get that wrapped up in a book. So sue me.

You've probably heard that the big spoiler about this book was that 2 major characters would die. I don't know by who's count that is but by mine, that number is way off. *Don't read this next part if you don't want to be spoiled at all even though I'm not naming names or anything!* By my count there were seven major characters that died plus a small handful of minor characters.

All in all, a satisfying read. I'm sorry that after all this long wait I had to rip through it like I did but I was just too worried about hearing about the ending from somewhere else. Even if you find yourself spoiled though, don't worry. It's still an enjoyable book.

3 comments:

Al said...

just two? which two were those? I will say, without trying to spoil anything, that I was BAWLING at the character that got buried at shell cottage (is that too spoilery?). bawling, I tell you.

Sophie Treadmill said...

I just realized you listed Best in Show on your profile. My Mom loved that movie and kept telling me to rent it. I keep meaning to, but then I forget.

You just reminded me, so when I return this batch, I'm getting it!

OhTheJoys said...

Oops! I don't even have a copy yet!