Friday, May 02, 2008

Chocolate haze

If you were to offer me chocolate right now I would turn it down. I know! How crazy is that? But it's true.

My mom and I went to a chocolate/wine/food tasting thingie last night and ate more chocolate than should be allowed by law. It was like something out of a dream. A beautiful chocolate dream. You didn't even know where to start because everywhere you looked there were plates of chocolate cake, brownies, fudge, truffles, cookies, pies, chocolate covered fruit and more. When you got tired of chocolate there were stuffed mushrooms (for people who enjoy eating fungus) bacon wrapped shrimp (for people who enjoy eating pure heaven on a toothpick) meat and cheese trays, huge blocks of gourmet cheese and more. Plus, there was wine.

It was insane.

So I got my fill of chocolate. I think I'm still crashing from a major sugar buzz. I'm also dealing with a wicked cold so all I really want to do today is crawl back into bad and sleep. No luck for me though because very shortly Joseph has a concert at school and then tonight we have to drive 2 hours to a wedding. And it's supposed to snow tonight. Ugh. Oh well. At least I have my memories of a happy chocolate haze to keep me company.

10 comments:

ConverseMomma said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm really curious to hear about your stories. So, you were a surrogate? Wow!! Just, wow! How did that happen? I have to know explore the depths of your blog. Thanks again for checking out mine.

Ben said...

I think you need a "fungal eating enjoyment" tag.

Radiomom Rhetoric said...

I'm thinking about hooking up my chocolate fountain on my kitchen counter and just leaving it running....that way I can just drag my tounge as I walk by every so often. Right?? Like a SALT LICK for animals??

That would be good....

Anonymous said...

Mmm chocolate. Sorry, that's all I've got. I should really stop leaving comments while semi-drunk. :)

Pendullum said...

Sounds glorious!

Genevieve Hinson said...

April bloggers bring May offers

The bloggers blogging for autism awareness community has been extended. BlogNetNews.com has provided a way for us to continue blogging in very readable format that will also help raise money.

I'm posting this spammy-message because you are one of the original bloggers from April. To read more about how this works, or to opt out, please read this post here.


Thanks!

Genevieve

Mrs. Schmitty said...

What a fun time that sounds like! Chocolate and wine? YUM!

Sorry about your cold!

Jen said...

conversemomma - I guess it's kind of a long story but yes, I was a surrogate. I hope to do it again soon! Thanks for stopping by!

Ben - Really? Because Jesse says I don't.

radiomom - If I had one of those I would dip everthing I ate in chocolate. Chocolate dipped fruit, chocolate dipped bread, chocolate dipped mulit-vitamins.

andi - Drinking and commenging is the best. We should all do it.

pendullum - It was. I want to do it all over again.

genevieve - Thanks!

mrs schmitty - The large amounts of chocolate helped my cold feel better. Chocolate fixes everything.

Sam said...

Mmmmm BACON + SHRIMP. Heaven on a stick indeed. (Screw the toothpick, I want a big ole stick with meat on it!)

Jen said...

sam - I ate so many of those shrimp things. It got to where I was almost emberessed to go back to the table for more because the person working there was starting to give me funny looks.