Monday, July 11, 2005

Phew!

Joseph slept through the night in his bed last night! A big change from the past week or so (especially the past few nights when he has been up from about 3:30 - 6:00)! He got up once at 3:30 to use the bathroom and he said "I'll only bother you for a second and then I'll go back to bed" And he did! At about 7:00 he crawled into bed with me and snoozed for a bit more. I was just about dancing with joy. Now he just needs to keep it up. All of us have been suffering from some big-time sleep deprevation so it was nice for everyone to get a good nights sleep. In the morning I made a big fuss over what a big boy Joseph was and how proud we were of him. He seemed pretty pleased with himself too. Over breakfast he kept saying "And I'm a big boy and I slept good and you only had to help me one time when I went to the bathroom and I got a checkmark on my chart and....."

More good news, last night for dinner he ate a bowl of applesauce, some cheese and about a quarter of a hamber patty. He ate the hamburger with almost no fuss at all. Then at the store he picked out some Scooby Doo mac and cheese that he wants to try. We're going to make it tonight se we'll have to see how that goes. Pasta is the big obstacle we're trying to overcome right now in food therapy.

So, all in all, things have been pretty good since about 7:00 last night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what a little sleep can do for you! Yay Joseph!
Beany

Anonymous said...

If Scooby Doo mac and cheese doesn't do it, then the boy is just not meant to eat pasta.
YF