Sunday, July 17, 2005

The weekend

Looks like the heatwave is going to be breaking. I think Jesse and I can take credit for that because we finally broke down and bought a second air conditioner. I'm sitting in here in air conditioned splendor and I can't even tell you how nice it feels. It's so wonderful to be sitting downstairs and not dripping sweat.

I am in serious pain today. My muscle is aching so bad and I can't figure out why. I haven't done anything that would have bothered it but man oh man am I ever sore. I'm also having a lot of pain under my ribs and I just read that can be caused by the baby being in breech position.

I had a serious craving for smoked almonds on Friday and Jesse went out to the store to get some. I've been snacking away all weekend. Too bad that I'm mildly allergic to the skin on nuts. The roof of my mouth itches and my tounge feels like it weighs 8 pounds but it's worth it. Those are the nest damn almonds that have ever existed in the history of the world.

Finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince today. (See below.) Maybe I would have enjoyed it more it I hadn't been so hot and crabby. Maybe not.

I have heard some women say things like "I loved being pregnant! I never felt better in my life!" and "I had so much energy when I was pregnant!" I am not one of those women. This pregnancy stuff was not made for me. I know that I do not look like a delicate flower but don't let my ample curves and wide, child-bearing hips fool you. I am not made for pregnancy. I don't like it and I have had nothing but problems with it. Frankly, I'm starting to question the wisdom of whoever created this whole wacky system.

No comments: