Monday, August 15, 2005

Duh

I go to this website every Monday that has a week-by-week pregnancy calender to see what's going on with the baby's development. This week was pretty short on baby info but had a lot of stuff about how around this time pregnancy can become really uncomfortable. To that I say "Duh". For weeks now I've had pain just getting out of bed or walking around the block. I didn't need a website to tell me that now that I've got a 3 and a half pound human being inside of me that I'm going to be having some discomfort.

I've noticed lately how hard it is to get up off the floor when I've been sitting down playing with Joseph or something. The other day I was home alone and decided to take a shower and shave my legs. After I was done I just sat there wondering how in the world I was going to get up off the shower floor. I kind of had to rock back and forth and heave myself up. This was made all the more graceful looking by how seriously cramped our shower is. I decided that from then on out I won't sit down in the shower (or take a bath) unless Jesse is home in case I need him to help me stand up.

I've been taking a lot of baths lately, it's a big help with making my back feel better. I also found them to be helpful with soothing the heebie-jeebies in my legs. They've gotten so bad at night lately that I often have a hard time falling alseep at night because I just can't keep my legs still. This is often associated with pregnancy and of course that means that I'm having problems with it. From here on out if I hear a woman say how much she loved being pregnant or how it was tht best she ever felt I am slapping her.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Hey Jen. I haven't had time to be here lately, so I was just catching up. The Big Hills Texas thing is pretty interesting.

Anonymous said...

Jenny try a bar of soap in you'r bed. Don't laugh, if you don't believe me ask Ted, He was the world's worst for leg trmeors and he was not preagent.Also I am glad I dont remember a lot of how I felt when I was pg.