Friday, August 19, 2005

A good day

Joseph ate ravioli at food therapy today. He just about had a melt down when he first saw it on the plate but his therapist was able to get him to try it after just a few minutes. He tasted it and then said "Sometimes I whine about trying new things and then I like it after all!" Color me suprised but he ate about 5 little raviolis all together. It was pretty cool. I think he was proud of himself too because he asked his therapist to leave some of the ravioli so that he could take it home and show his daddy how he could eat a new food.

I'm pretty sure he didn't know that it was pasta or we probably would not have had so much success but what he doesn't know won't hurt him. It was also a big deal because he really does not normally eat anything with a sauce on it. For him to have tomato sauce and not even complain was pretty cool.

Baby steps, I know but it's still a pretty big deal to me.

No comments: