Thursday, August 11, 2005

The gift that keeps on giving

When I was younger and would watch a game show I always thought the host would tell the losers "We're not sending you away empty handed, you'll get some nice party gifts." I always wondered why they got party gifts. It wasn't until very recently (like, last week) that I realized that they were saying parting gifts. That makes a lot more sense I guess.

Anyway, the little birds that were living next to our air conditioner have gone but they're left us a nice party gift: mites. I'm too freaked out by the whole thing to go into too much detail but I will say that every hour or so I spray the air conditioner with toxic chemicals and scrub it off to try to kill the one's that are trying to get inside. This is just a temporary fix until Jesse comes home tonight and tears the AC unit out and fumigates the whole thing.

Opps, I just heard the birds again. I guess they haven't left. Well, I hope they enjoy their last few hours in their nest because come tonight they are learning to fly, ready or not. And for what they've done to our house, I won't be getting them any party gifts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that too. ha. sweet. It's good to know you're not alone. (=

Anonymous said...

Ha. Party gifts. They sound like more fun than parting gifts. It's like "here you go losers, parting gifts" instead of "thanks for being on our show, party gifts". And thanks for not going into too much detail about the mites. I have a party gift for you for that.
Beany