Monday, January 21, 2008

Too clever for his own good

Jesse and Joseph were playing Super Mario Galaxy together tonight. It drives me crazy to listen to the two of them play video games together because they both get so frustrated and crabby. Tonight I'm glad I was in the room when they were playing though because I got to hear the following exchange.

Joseph: Daddy! You're not doing this right!
Jesse: I'm doing the best I can Joseph!
Joseph: (in a rude, sarcastic tone) I'm sure you are.
Jesse: Hey! I don't like that tone Joseph.
Joseph: (in a high falsetto) I'm sure you are!

Then I laughed so hard that I had a contraction and Jesse got crabby at me for "making things worse". I don't care. it was funny.

3 comments:

Mrs. Schmitty said...

I would have laughed too!! Watch those contractions though! :D

Anonymous said...

That's terrific. It is funny how they seem to think that a higher voice is somehow more acceptable!

Emily

StickyKeys said...

Was he responding specifically to the "tone"? Because if so that kid is a frickin comedic genius! Hee! Get that boy an agent!