Monday, January 07, 2008

Sad ....... and something else

I just got off the phone with my mom. One of my uncles, my dads brother passed away today. He is leaving behind a wife, two children and eight grandchildren.

I was not very close with my uncle but I always liked him. He was a nice man who told lots of funny stories. It's so strange for me to think that he's gone. Now when my dad stands around b.s.ing with his brothers at family get togethers there will be one less person in the group. I'm having a hard time picturing it.

I'm not making sense now. I don't like to think about the fact that one of my parents siblings has died. It hits too close to home. I don't want to think about the mortality of people I love. I don't want to face the fact my parents are not eternally 25 years old.

I don't know. I'm sad, I can't think straight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen. I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say. I try so hard, like you say, not to think about anyone's mortality. Take care of yourself.

-andi

Nell said...

I think about subject this a lot. My father's father and many of his siblings all died very young and the idea that my father will die is with me always. Somehow my mother dying still feels impossible, although I think about that sometimes too.

I'm sorry about your uncle.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that.