Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Can you come tuck me in?

What in the hell is turn down service? Is that when someone comes to your room and ..... what? Turns down the covers of your bed for you? Is that for real? Why is this a service that hotels offer? How lazy do you have to be to request something like this? Is there a person who's entire job is just to fold back comforters for spoiled lazy fucks who can't get their own beds ready at night? If you request this service, will the person stay and tuck you in? Is it possible that I'm missing out on some big part of this whole thing? Maybe "turn down service" is a discreet way of saying that the hotel will send a hooker to your room if you ask them to. Maybe not but I can tell you that that makes a whole lot more sense so me than the idea that you can actually have someone come into your room and fold your blanket back for you.

4 comments:

Sophie Treadmill said...

OMG! I have wondered about this too! I guess I could just google it and find out, but it's a mystery that has loomed for so long, I'll just keep it that way until I find out otherwise. I can think of all kinds of other things I would want done for me besides turning the bed down. Besides, the best part about staying at a hotel (when you're not thinking about the cooties) is that when I pull back the sheets and blankets, they are tucked so much tighter than I ever could do it. So, I usually try to pull them back as little as possible, just so I can be extra snug! I'm sure you wanted to know all of that! ;)

Anonymous said...

OK, So I googled it and it is different for the different hotels out there. I found you can get the covers pulled back, robe(s) left on the bed, towels & all the soaps and shampoo that have been stolen replenished, waste baskets emptied, chocloates / mints left and some times a flower is left of the table also.....

Jesse

EE said...

The best part about the "turn down" is the chocolates that mysteriously appear on your pillow:)

Anonymous said...

I'm catching up here on your posts (damn this packing) and had to stop and LOL at this one.