Thursday, June 07, 2007

Stick babies, stick

The transfer went really well. I've been back in my hotel room for several hours now relaxing, watching movies, reading blogs and discovering the pure joy of a bagle with lox, cream cheese and capers.

But I digress. The point is that the transfer went well. They transfered two embryos that they told me were "excellent". I got a picture of them to give my IFs since they couldn't be there. As I was leaving the Drs office J called to see how it all went and if there was anything I needed. I told him just to think good thoughts and keep his fingers crossed that at least one of these little buggers decides to stick around.

Funny story about the transfer. I laid down on the table and assumed the position. The doctor sits down in front of me and says "What in the heck is going on in there?"

"Oh my god" I though. "This man has seen countless lady parts in his career and yet there's something about mine that shocks him?!?" I looked at the nurse. The nurse looked at me. She looked down at my lady bits. I look down at my lady bits. The doctor looks up and my and the nurse staring at my private parts and laughs. He explains that he was actually asking the nurse why it was taking so long to bring the embyos in. Needless to say, I was relieved that I didn't have something like a tiny circus in my girly place.

The transfer itself took less than 2 minutes and felt a lot like a pap smear. Not exactly painless but it was over quickly. In fact, the worst part about the whole thing was having to lay at an angle (feet in the air, head down low) for an hour after the transfer. On the plus side though, there was a mirror in the room and I couldn't help but notice that laying at that angle made my boobs look fantastic. (Note to self - Figure out a way to get into that position more often.)

8 comments:

Ferdinand the Duck said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going so well! I'm sending all my positive mojo your way! I can't stop using exclamation points!!!!1

Sophie Treadmill said...

Yaaay!! This so exciting! Glad to hear that everythign went well and that it didn't involve too much pain or the discovery of a circus. I too am sending all my positive mojo your way. Enjoy your stay at the hotel and be sure to tell us all about it!

BTW, I'll need your address again...My laptop is being scrapped for parts and it's likely I won't get my data back and that includes your info.

StickyKeys said...

Congrats Jen, I hope everything goes well.

Mrs. Schmitty said...

ROFLMAO!! Good luck, I'm excited for you!! :)

EE said...

LOL!!!
Hope those little swimmers make it!!!

Anonymous said...

How long till you know?? Crossing fingers!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are hilarious woman! I'm crossing all body parts that will cross and saying a prayer that at least one of the little darlings stick.

Keep up that awesome sense of humor. Oh, and if you get bored, you may come do my laundry. ;)

Anonymous said...

OOPS, it seems with that comment above I don't know my name from my URL...take that any way you wanna. :)